This DIY comes from Yellow Umbrella Events & Design, an Austin-based full-service event planning company that offers event coordination and design services for weddings. Their lovely and unique “Glitter Pear” place cards debuted at the Austin Wedding Day Engaged! In Austin Bridal Show in early January, and it immediately became one of the biggest hits of the day!
Eye-catching, eclectic AND incredibly easy to make!
(Scroll down for the materials list and link to their DIY).
In addition to place cards, these would make amazing table numbers or even reception centerpieces (if you grouped several of them together). The possibilities are truly endless!
Although they look “sparktacular” by themselves, the pears truly “shine” when placed on plates at a marvelously decorated table.
Love all the different hues of blue! Ravishing!
Yellow Umbrella provided a list of all the materials needed to create this DIY project:
* Pears (or any fruit/vegetable of your choice) at room temperature
* Colored glitter (of course we’re partial to blue but any color would work)
* Mod Podge (better than glue because it dries clear) or spray adhesive
* Disposable foam brush
* Aluminum foil (or something to catch the excess glitter)
* Knife to cut the slit for the place card after the glitter has dried